This week, I tried to finalize the style in which we will make the 3D assets of our game. I experimented with aesthetic choices as well as workflow options. I ended up sculpting most assets in Zbrush, and baking the normals in 3DS max.
WIP of the asset sculpts.
I also explored the ways in which we could use modularity in our levels to make as few assets as possible. The final result of all this work is a small testscene to illustrate the aesthetic and scale of the game. There is still no material definition however, that will be something for next week.
Due to the Sci-Fi setting, a small number of assets can be used a lot.
Screenshots of the final composition.
GIF of the foliage material.